2012年2月22日星期三

The Secret to Building Customer Loyalty

This is the first in a series of articles that outline the experiences I have gained in a period of years succesfully selling face to face for a living. I will show how my life experience parallels with online attraction marketing During my time dealing directly with customers I was building customer loyalty, thus creating customers who stuck with me through all types of conditions. In hard economic times I used to hear people talking about how hard things where and how they could not keep their customers. During this time I kept my 90% retention rate of customers thus resulting in my company approaching me to talk to the rest of the sales force to explain how I was maintaining this level of customer loyalty.The main reason I was able to build this level of customer loyalty was a direct result of how I sold and applied a principle put forward by Denis Waitley. Denis Waitley coined the principle of the "Double Win" it operates as follows, most sales people treat sales as a win lose situation. A brief explanation is as follows, the sales person won when they made a sale and their attitude was that the customer had lost. The sales person quite often in their blind rush to win, often sold products and services that either did not meet the customers needs or would be in excess to light bulbs their requirements.Denis Waitley put forward that the only way to be building customer loyalty was to employ the double win process. The Double Win was achieved by the sales person taking the time to consider the needs and wants of the customer and putting together a package or solution that met or exceeded the customers expectations. The customer would receive the best result possible thus winning and the sales person would as a result win by having a happy customer who would trust them return for future purchases and most likely refer customers to them.When I was with my customers I would try to employ this strategy by using my knowledge of advertising calendar and associated products and overlaying it on their business to create a proposal that would benefit them, not just give them some calendars to give to their customers at the end of the year. I would not always hit the mark straight away with the customer but usually they would appreciate the effort I had put in and share their thoughts with me so we could come up with a useful application for them.This approach led to the customer gaining a benefit from their purchase ie. keeping valuable customers and promoting new customers by exposure and referral. During tough times the customers recognised their advertising calendar campaign as a valuable cost effective program for keeping their profile up in their marketplace, not just another disposable expense..The parallel today is the abundance of people who market on the internet for one reason to promise an easy way to riches with no effort being necessary to acheive this so that they can have the win and walk away with the money, leaving disgruntled disillusioned people in their wake.So the lesson would be to take a careful look at any program you may be considering and sizing up its benefits for you and your future customers. Consider that nothing comes easy and everthing in this life that is worth while requires some effort, cost or sacrfice to achieve. Do your research into the people behind the program and try and understand their motives and goals. If you find the fit that you are looking for put all of your effort into creating the business you aspire to with the knowledge and belief that you are creating a business that will benefit all your associates and their Iphone 4s Stylus Pen customers. This will result in the business and rewards of your dreams.Until next time may you all succesfully DIY

没有评论:

发表评论